* DEVIZES TO WESTMINSTER Preparation
* Devizes to Westminster kayak race
* Devices to Westminster Route
* Why A Site on top?
* How To Choose A Kayak Paddle
* How to Kayak
* William and I paddle Oxford
* Thoughts on boat sizes
* Thoughts on design
* Extreme Eco Friendly Kayaking Recycled Kayak
* Kayak Fishing
* Big Fish, Little Boat: Extreme Kayak Shark Fishing
* Kayak chainsaw massacre - how to make 1 -> 3
* History of kayaking
Devices to Westminster Route
The race follows the Kennet and Avon Canal for 52 miles (84 km) from Devizes through Pewsey, Hungerford and Newbury to Reading. From Reading the race follows the non-tidal River Thames for 55 miles (89 km) through Henley-on-Thames, Marlow, Maidenhead, Windsor, Staines and Kingston before reaching the tidal River Thames at Teddington Lock. The tidal river is followed for the final 18 miles (29 km) through the western suburbs of London to Westminster. The 2008 race was the 60th anniversary of the event.
Here is an interactive google map of the race with longitude and latitude coordinates marking the spots.
Add A Comment